Twilight the Movie

Posted by Max02 | | Posted On Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 2:03 PM
Bookmark and Share




Twilight is upon us!!!










Ok, so some of you aren't as excited as I am about the movie Twilight adapted from the vampire series by Stephanie Meyers. Too bad.

I love it.

My wife, who was my girlfriend at the time, started reading Twilight earlier this year. I love fantasy books. Give me the Force, vampires, werewolves, magic, sci-fi, horror, drama, dragons, Tolkien-esque material and I'll eat it up. So, when Leslie, my then-girlfriend-wife said she couldn't stop reading and laughing because the characters reminded her so much of us, I was, of course, interested in getting my hands on it.

The book is great. I started reading and immediately thought to myself, "So is this what goes on in her head when...???" It was as if Stephanie Meyers studied our relationship and wrote it down on paper. Bella, the heroine, was shy but strong, insightful, clumsy, and caring; much like my wife. Edward, the hero, was intelligent, good looking, could read people's minds, and immortal. Okay, so I'm not a whole lot like Edward in that sense of the description, but I have been known to finish people's sentences before they do. It's fun.

As Edward and Bella meet and fall in love, Leslie and I couldn't help but see the common aspects of their relationship and ours. Questions Bella would ask, feelings she would experience, were all mirrored in Leslie. And vice-versa for Edward and I. I'm sure a lot of it can be chalked up to the fact that people will go through similar feelings, emotions, etc. when falling in love.

It was definitely a learning experience for me. It was like I had a direct line into Leslie's mind and heart.

I learned that clumsy people are born clumsy. You cannot learn to be clumsy. You cannot train to be clumsy. It is a talent that is bestowed upon you from birth. I learned that women operate on an entirely different wavelength than men (okay, so I knew that before, but it was a fresh reminder).

I love reading, it's one of my most favorite things to do. Reading a story that not only seemed like my life at the time, but had viampires, special powers, AND werewolves in it made these books that much cooler to me.

Have you read the Twilight Series yet?

(I didn't ruin anything, I promise)

Comments:

There are 1 comments for Twilight the Movie